*Products featured provided for review
It’s that time of year when all the new summer collections are beginning to appear and that makes it the happiest time of year Color Club recently released their Kaleidoscope Summer 2013 Collection which I have two of to share with you today. First, lets take a look and see what the entire collection consists of:
- Bright Night – “A twilight blue that will leave you dreaming of those summer nights”
- Pearl-Spective – “Take a look at your nails with a different pearl-spective with this glittery top coat!”
- In Theory – “If you think this coral nail polish only works in theory, think again”
- Abyss – “A kaleidoscope green for your kaleidoscope dreams”
- Endless – “A soft pink shade that you can use endlessly”
- Evolution – “An evolutionary blue hue”
From the looks of it the Kaleidoscope Collection seems more of a spring/summer collection based on the mix of vibrant and soft shades. I have two of the more vibrant colors from this collection, Abyss and Bright Night.
Both polishes had a super smooth and highly pigmented formula. I only used one coat for both sets of swatches which is super rare for me. Since the color is super saturated and the brush picked up a lot of polish I would advise to be careful of flooding. I used KB Shimmer Clear On Top top coat for both swatches as well.
Note: I had to manually adjust the colors quite a bit as they did not photograph accurate at all. They are still not completely accurate.
Abyss is a gorgeous teal green. On camera the color looks a bit washed out I’ve learned these types of greens just don’t like to show up on camera. In person its much more of a saturated green and looks exactly as it does on the nail as it does in the bottle.
Bright Night is the perfect shade of nautical blue. Once again, the color is a bit washed out in the photos. It is much more of a deeper saturated blue in reality. For some reason the camera photographed this as streaky as well, which it wasn’t at all…. could this have been anymore uncooperative?
*The Product(s) featured in this post were provided for review, all opinions are unbiased and my own.